The Transportation Team is looking for a passionate Configuration Engineer who will be responsible for working with business, operations to gather ship carrier requirements and collaborate with transportation technology teams to integrate new carriers and ship methods into the network.
As part of the integration, you have to design, develop and maintain transportation documents like shipping labels, carrier electronic manifest and invoices. You should also be working alongside development on Amazon Corporate and Divisional Software projects, updating/enhancing our current software, automation of manual configuration processes and documentation of our systems.
Your solutions will impact our customers directly! This job requires you to constantly hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success.
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently and can maintain professionalism under pressure.
You must be able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages. You must be able to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's in CS or related field + 5 years of experience or Master's and 2 years of experience in software quality assurance
· Knowledge of scripting languages such as SQL, Perl, Python, XML or Ruby
· Ability to write code in C, C++ or Java
· Familiarity with automation testing tools such as Selenium, QTP, Load Runner or Win Runner
· Excellent QA aptitude and ability to drive process improvements
· Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
· Ability to write test plans and test strategy documents
· Ability to understand functional/technical specifications and analyze data
· Strong organizational and problem solving skills with great attention to detail, including the ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize the results