“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” – Carl Sagan.
We are building a nimble team of passionate people to explore the unknown and bring a concept into a product that will change the world for the better. We are starting from scratch, we are going to be scrappy, and we are going to focus on producing joyful moments for our customers (and for ourselves too!). We are going to apply the same principles that made Amazon great especially Customer Obsession, Think Big, and Invent and Simplify, to create a new type of interaction that is meaningful to our customers. We are looking for smart, passionate people who have a strong sense of ownership and strong engineering mindset. If you want your work to positively impact the lives of millions of people and you're up for a challenge, let's talk.
As a founding member of the team, you will work alongside with product management, research, design, and engineering (EE/ME) to define and build the essential lovable product. This position requires deep customer focus, the ability to dive deep and invent, and the ability to make hard decisions fast. You will be responsible for creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products – a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building scalable software products is required. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced startup like environment. To be successful, you need to be highly motivated about new opportunities and detail oriented while showing highest standards of responsibilities and deliverables.
In this role, you will:
· Create world class software and firmware to drive hardware
· Interact with cross-functional engineering teams across the company
· Dive into and take ownership for critical design issues
· Participate in design reviews
· Address all aspects of technology readiness, including manufacturability
· Help build robust methodology and processes to deliver technology to products
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical/ Computer Engineering or related field
· 4+ years of experience in BSP/ kernel software design
· 1+ years of Linux kernel programming experience