AWS customers have come to rely on our track record of stellar operational performance. Our team ensures that the quickly expanding number and scale of services are able to deliver that reliability promise.
Amazon Web Services is seeking a Front End Engineer to drive the long-term technical vision of our world-class Safety Engineering group. We analyze trends and build software used across AWS to reduce recurrence, duration, and size of customer impacting events.
As a Front End Engineer in AWS Safety Engineering, you will work on large-scale initiatives, delivering new web apps and services that automate the incident and problem management process for all of AWS.
What You Will Do:
· Play a significant role in building new software and services from scratch
· Deliver modular web components
· Keep technical debt low and quality high while maintaining operational excellence
· Anticipate bottlenecks, make trade-offs, and encourage risk-taking to maximize business benefit
· Evaluate and recommend new and emerging products and technologies
· Work very closely with your customers and have strong ownership over product vision, direction and technical approach
Ideal candidate profile
· 5+ years experience building successful production web services
· Demonstrated knowledge of best practices for the design and implementation of web user interfaces as well as experience in taking such services from design to production
· Proficient in 1 or more version control software platforms (e.g. git, Subversion, Mercurial)
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive