Healthcare Integrated Supply Chain
The Maintenance Technician works in the Facilities Department as part of the Calibrations team. The Maintenance Technician is also responsible for ensuring that all utility systems, GMP and non-GMP, conform to relevant regulatory requirements as well as company specifications and requirements. The site is focused on continuous improvement of all work processes and practices and all colleagues are required to be flexible in this regard.
This means that they may be asked to carry out additional work functions that are not described in this specification but are directly associated with their role.
Reporting to the Engineering Systems Team Lead: Utilities and Services
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The chosen candidate would typically be accountable for the following activities (but not exclusively);
· This is a day role working core hours 8am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
· Support the Preventative Maintenance program by carrying out effective maintenance routines and repairs to prolong the useful life and optimise the efficiency of production equipment.
· Conduct calibrations per routine planned maintenance as detailed by the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and directed.
· Support production activities at all times by ensuring minimum response times to equipment breakdowns and achievement of equipment availability targets
· Promote an environment of continuous improvement and innovation in line with lean thinking and Maintenance best practice.
· Maintain safety and regulatory equipment at all times and report any defects
· Maintain a log of activities carried out on equipment i.e. hours works, spare parts used etc using the site CMMS
· Ensure that calibration and maintenance cover is provided at all times and as required in the Utilities & Facilities department by providing cover for holidays, sick leave, shutdown periods, busy periods and as required.
· Responsible for the scheduling of test equipment within the facilities/calibration department including acting as the point of contact for vendors.
· Responsible for the review of vendors within the facilities/calibration department.
· Support program to optimise current Planned Maintenance procedures
· Ensure compliance to all aspects of the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental procedures are maintained.
· All employees are responsible for minimizing the EHS effects of the work that they perform.
· Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
· Aware of and comply with QA facilities, Preventative Maintenance, Calibration, Good Documentation Practices, Material Segregation and Control requirements.
· Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management policy, Quality Goals.
· Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
· Ensuring that plant and equipment is operating in a compliant manner and that all activities are conducted to meet GMP regulations, site and corporate quality standards and any additional regulatory requirements as required
· Strive for the highest standards in housekeeping and GMP
· Support CAPA investigations, determining accurate root cause and implementing action plans to prevent reoccurrences.
· Deputise for the Engineering Systems Team Leader: Utilities & Services when required.
· Take an active role in the training of any people new to the area.
· Participate in any future 'on call' policies as required by Business needs.
· Attend daily morning meeting with the team to ensure alignment with company and production goals and objectives; (Safety, Quality, Schedule Adherence, Cost).
· Completed Apprenticeship in Electrical & Instrument Engineering
· Previous experience in calibrations within a cGMP manufacturing environment, preferably within a cleanroom environment such as filling lines and tank rooms.
· Previous experience of calibrations on clean utility services.
· Ability to work on own initiative & judgement with minimal supervision
· General skills and expertise related to calibrations activities, including knowledge of current calibration techniques.
· Demonstrate levels of theoretical knowledge with practical application
· Relevant working knowledge of a regulated industry and GMP
· A high degree of computer literacy
Key Competencies Required:
· Results orientation
· Detail oriented
· Tact & diplomacy
· Systems background
· Strong work ethic
· Flexible approach to work
· Communication skills
· Highly motivated
· Knowledge of and maintenance experience within Platform 1 and Utilities systems
· Previous experience working with a CMMS preferably Maximo
· Demonstrate Commitment, Engagement and Accountability at all times.
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients. Learn More About GE Healthcare .
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .