Aviation Supply Chain
Massachusetts, Michigan, Ohio, Vermont
As part of GE Aviation, the Coatings Engineer will serve as a collaborative member of the coatings engineering team communicating business goals, leading projects, on-boarding new suppliers and improve current suppliers driving robust root cause and corrective actions.
In this role, you will:
· Become a Certifying Agent in areas of coating including, but not limited to Thermal Spray, Thermal Barrier Coatings, Environmental Barrier Coatings, Diffusion coatings and Corrosion Coatings
· Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects consistent with engineering policies and procedures
· Review, provide technical feedback, and may approve technical processing plans for coatings
· Develop action plans to respond to issues / problems
· Drive robust root cause and corrective action at coating suppliers including those resulting in a quality escape
· Identify process improvements needed to drive better first time yield resulting in improved delivery
· At times lead effort with Design and Materials Engineers on design for manufacturability improving producibility
· Conduct and may lead Coating Supplier Audits identifying gaps in quality system driving corrective actions needed to closure
· Depending on level of experience, may develop training for the coatings engineering team
· Balance both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects
· Present product / program strategies, roadmaps, risks and recommendations to senior leaders
· Be involved in complex decision making sometimes with external parties
· Regularly advise management in the function and/or in the business
· Have the ability to identify proactive measures needed to improve quality.
· Have experience to solve problems affecting both short term and long term business goals.
· Engineering degree from an accredited University or College.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Ability to work independently.
· Strong problem solving skills.
· Degree in Chemical or Material Science Degree.
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead.
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.