GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Headquarters Leadership Programs
EEDP is an intensive program for people who have a real passion for technology, a drive for technical excellence, and share in GE's core beliefs. The program is designed to accelerate your professional development through intense technical training and a variety of business-critical assignments. Edison graduates have the technical and business foundation to proactively and continually make creative contributions to GE's future.
If you love technology and want a career in engineering, the Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP) is for you! EEDP is a two-year entry-level engineering program consisting of four or more rotational assignments. Rotational assignments are engineering projects taking on the world’s toughest challenges – clean and affordable energy - and motivated by real business priorities. The program nurtures technical problem-solving skills via advanced engineering coursework, formal reports and presentations to senior leadership, in addition to valuable work experience in a fast-paced and dynamic industry.
EEDPs in Renewable Energy experience technically challenging, meaningful and creative assignments in all segments of our Renewable Energy business, including assignments in Onshore Wind, Offshore Wind, Hydro, Grid Solutions, Hybrid Systems and LM WindPower. As an Edison Engineer, you'd have the opportunity to work on a variety of high priority teams, potentially including product design, systems, component design (such as towers, machine head, power conversion), controls and operability, advanced technology, testing and validation, aerodynamics, performance, quality, services, and more. The core engineering skills gained in assignments are enhanced through Advanced Courses in Engineering taught by internal domain experts and premier Corporate leadership training. Experience and training combined with mentoring and guidance from both assignment leaders and EEDP Leaders prepares members with the technical skills and knowledge foundation needed to achieve a successful technology career at GE Renewable Energy.
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree from an ABET accredited university in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering. Other Engineering majors such as: Aero Engineering, Controls Engineering, Materials Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Civil Engineering or other Energy Engineering related majors will be considered.
• GPA greater than or equal to 3.0/4.0 overall
• Graduation dates: Fall 2019 or Spring 2020
• Preference will be given to persons with 3.2/4.0 overall or higher GPA in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering majors.
• Prior intern, co-op, or research experience in design engineering or manufacturing
• Strong dedication to a career in technology and a real passion for engineering
• Demonstrated an analytical approach to problem solving, learning agility
• Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate technical problems in clear and simple terms
• Demonstrated and enthusiastic leadership and teambuilding skills
• Strong team and interpersonal skills, ability to work in project teams in an international environment
• Proven scholastic achievements and proactive leadership skills
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is an 11 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 22,000 employees present in more than 80 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. We take the earth’s most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).