Tampa Bay, Brooksville
Healthcare Global Services
The Field Service Engineer 3 is a technical expert on at least one modality and may be proficient in multiple modalities. Acts as the primary GEHC Services face to the customer. Responsible for resolving advanced service repair needs of designated equipment, and drives customer satisfaction through Service Excellence.
1. Perform advanced troubleshooting and repair on assigned equipment. May also perform installation, validation and maintenance on assigned equipment. Lead, instruct, and assist less experienced Field Engineers and provide coaching and feedback to team members.
2. Lead communications with customers and serve as escalation point for customer-related concerns including installs.
3. Own customer issues from dispatch or identification of issue to resolution. Proactively engage with other team members to ensure they are aware of status of all issues at all times for their designated customers.
4. Lead and communicate HQ and Zone or Area-level initiatives. Co-lead regular team or modality meetings as required.
5. Partner with the customer and recommend value-added services that will help the customer run their business more efficiently.
6. Keep up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner, ordering repair parts, and managing cycle times.
7. Utilize the GEHC escalation process, as needed, and work closely with region and national support to define and implement corrective action plans to resolve customer issues in a timely manner.
8. Effectively communicate and partner with teammates and colleagues.
9. Serve as a member of the account community for key accounts. Effectively engage commercial counterparts, identify potential sales leads, participate in sales opportunities such as contract renewals, and assist with promoting and implementing revenue programs.
10. Embody the belief that Customers determine our success by focusing on customer needs and satisfaction, while building on and enhancing the relationship with the customer to ultimately become a perceived partner in their business.
11. Keep up to date with competitor information and market trends.
12. Demonstrate strong commercial acumen. Serve as a key member and leader of the account community for assigned accounts. Exhibit boundaryless collaboration with Commercial Sales teams and region/zone leadership to support business growth.
13. Assist Area Service Manager or Director of Service in creating growth and/or deployment strategies.
14. May include application training of clinical or scientific staff on designated equipment.
1. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field and 4+ years of experience servicing electrical equipment; OR equivalent military education and 4+ years of experience servicing electrical equipment; OR High School Diploma/GED and 8+ years of experience servicing electrical equipment.
2. Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
3. Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
4. Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
5. Experience with Web applications as well as Microsoft suite of products.
6. The successful applicant must comply with GEHC’s standard background check, including a post-offer drug test. In addition, during employment, the employee must comply with all customer access policies, including but not limited to obtaining and/or providing proof of required immunizations, and additional drug tests or background checks (including a federal government background check if assigned to support a contract with the federal government).
7. Special Physical Requirements: Candidate must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time. Candidate must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
8. Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
9. Willingness to be available "after hours", or work a rotating On-Call schedule, including weekends, for critical issues and coverage, as necessary
1. Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
2. Strong time management and organization skills and ability to juggle multiple responsibilities.
4. Strong networking and interpersonal skills.
5. Training and experience in multiple modalities.
6. Demonstrate an understanding that customers determine our success.
7. Operate with efficiency and sense of urgency.
8. Willingness to learn and adapt to changing environments.
9. Empower and inspire others.
10. Ability to deliver results in an uncertain environment.
11. In the Life Sciences business you must be a Field Engineer Level 2 for 5 years before moving to a Field Engineer Level 3.
12. XV and XR experience preferred.
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable
healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).