Corporate Global Law & Policy
Internship supporting the GE Foundation and related correspondences and communications.
Ideal candidate is currently pursuing a minimum of a four-year degree in one of the following related fields: Communications, Sociology or Philanthropy. The internship is designed to give current undergraduate students exposure to GE Foundation strategic initiatives, partnering directly with the Executive Director of the GE Foundation.
· Gain understanding of GE Foundation key initiatives to provide responses to inbound inquiries over email or posted-mail
· Create and manage detailed correspondence criteria and tracking process to log and analyze key metrics including inquirer, date of inquiry, nature of request, date of response
· Assume responsibility for standardized correspondence approach for email inquiries, replying with appropriate responses, resources, and key information on a timely basis
· Manage inbound and outgoing posted-mail, which includes: opening mail, logging inquiry, creating or updating templates for response, printing and mailing return response to sender
· Escalate inquiries that fall outside of standardized response criteria to Executive Director of GE Foundation with proposed draft responses
· Participate in this year-long internship (2-3 hours x 3 days per week) with expectation to work through break between semesters
· Partner and learn from greater GE Communications team on GE Foundation related topics
· Potential to assist with onsite or offsite events as mutually agreed
· Support onsite Tax leaders with organizing and filing tax returns for various jurisdictions; including printing, collating and finalizing signatures before mailing.
· Pursuing a minimum of a four-year degree in (communications related course work a plus) in one of the following or or related fields:
· Communications, Sociology, Philanthropy or related fields
· Availability to start ASAP
Add Eligibility Requirement
· GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
· Established project management skills.
· Proficient use of Microsoft Office (e.g.. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).