Aviation Communications & GE Advantage
GE Aviation, an operating unit of GE, is a world-leading provider of jet and turboprop engines, components, integrated digital, avionics, electrical power and mechanical systems for commercial, military, business and general aviation aircraft. GE Aviation has a global service network to support these offerings and is part of the world's Digital Industrial Company with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive.
Communications internship focused on Marketing Communications, Organizational Communications and Community Relations support.
Key focus areas include:
· Internal communications support: Story development and writing for internal articles, newsletters, employee emails and key events and milestones, such as the Paris Air Show
· Community Relations support: Employee communications and planning support for GE Aviation’s annual Community Service Fund Campaign, supporting the United Way of Greater Cincinnati
· Website support for GE Aviation and its joint ventures, including content collection, editing, writing, etc.
· Support of ongoing content creation for GE Aviation’s internal and external communication channels, including writing, editing, interviews, videography, etc.
· Currently studying towards a Communications/Public Relations/English/Journalism or related degree
· Rising junior or senior
· Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
· Preferred graduation date: 2020 or 2021
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Demonstrated leadership in field of study, extracurricular activities or service organizations.
· Proven storytelling, writing and editing skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Enthusiasm and interest for the functional area applied for
· Able to take ownership for projects and work to challenging time limits
· Analytical problem solver
· Clear communication
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Willing and able to work a full-time, 40-hour work week
· Prior intern/co-op experience in a related field
· Able to roll up your sleeves and get involved in challenging projects
· Well organized administrative skills
· Inspired and curious
· Reliable and dependable
· Full-time Communications intern preferred but will consider part-time interns for the Fall cycle as well
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.