Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
The Laboratory Technician performs diverse and complex manufacturing assembly testing. The assignments include setting up and running of data acquisition equipment for tests, carrying out experiments, documenting results of tests and measures, and developing methods and conduct analysis in the laboratory. We currently have openings on 3rd Shift, working from 10:18PM-6:18AM.
· Develop methods and conduct analysis to ensure that all processes (special or otherwise) of the company are in accordance with the applicable procedures
· Test production assemblies and sub-assemblies for correct operation and compliance to performance specifications
· Interfaces with other departments in the execution of duties to ensure the orderly flow of material and information
· Perform basic trouble shooting encompassing multiple variables and unknowns to achieve root cause analysis and problem resolution
· Utilize basic technical communications throughout the new product cycle to improve internal models and/or externally sourced components in terms of system performance, reliability, functionality, and serviceability
· Performing physical and chemical tests or metallographic and mechanical tests
· Performs technical reports of system performance, reliability, functionality, and serviceability
· Comply with EHS regulations and policies
· Associates degree in a technical disciple OR
· High School diploma and 2 years technical experience
· This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical blueprints, drawings, engineering specifications
· Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
· Proficiency to logically troubleshoot
· Proficiency to understand and interpret basic written technical information
· Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information
· Proficient in oral and written communication skills
· Ability to perform precise and detailed work
· Communicate effectively and professionally with others, both written and verbal within the team
· Demonstrated ability in maintaining relationships by recognizing needs and sensitivities of others,
· and cooperating and resolving conflicts that inspire the team in achieving objectives and deliverable
· Demonstrated ability in receiving guidance and supervision, following work rules, safety practices, work procedures; meeting deadlines; and punctuality and attendance standards
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re
manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation
teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that tackle some of the world’s toughest
problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our
culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber
talent, utilizing ground breaking technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination
products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality.
If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for
growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the
globe for generations to come.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).