Corporate Global Research
Researchers here at Global Research change the world with technology while working in close collaboration with our GE colleagues and external partners.
We tackle the most challenging problems through multi-disciplinary teams where the convergence of Physical and Digital technology intersect leading to truly inventive outcomes. Together, we create and sustain differentiated solutions to maintain competitive advantages for our GE businesses and external customers.
The Research Engineer position may contribute to the aero-thermal design of gas turbine hot gas path components; cooling technologies for propulsion systems and turbomachinery; the design and development of component and subsystem test methods and systems at relevant operating conditions; Multiphysics computational modeling of component cooling and/or aero-thermal performance; the design and development of advanced components enabled by additive manufacturing.
The Component Heat Transfer team develops innovative cooling solutions for GE products and external customers.
In the Research Engineer role, you will:
analyze, and/or test innovative hot gas path cooling technologies for aviation
and industrial gas turbines.
your knowledge of aerodynamics, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and mechanical
design to invent the next-generation of thermally challenged aerospace
components and systems.
with senior researchers to solve challenging aero-thermal problems.
your inventions and develop a record of publication via conferences and peer reviewed
· Doctorate degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or related discipline OR Master’s degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of industrial experience
Fundamental knowledge of fluid mechanics and heat transfer applied to aero-thermal systems and/or cooling of turbomachinery components
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team
· Due to the nature of the duties of this position, this role requires the individual to obtain and maintain US Government Security Clearance; prerequisite for a security clearance is U.S. citizenship.
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY
· You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at
www.gecareers.com to be considered.
· Experience with design, simulation, and/or testing of hot gas path cooling technology
· Experience with aero-thermal simulations and/or testing of high-speed vehicle and/or
· Experience with test facility design, build, and operation
· Familiarity with CAD modeling such as NX, Solidworks, etc
· Application of computational fluid mechanics tools such as Fluent, CFX, etc
· Knowledge of aero-thermal simulation/testing in high speed, high temperature flow regimes
· Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, C++, or Java
Knowledge of Machine Learning concepts
· Knowledge of model verification and validation, model calibration, and uncertainty quantification
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).