Corporate Global Research
Researchers here at Global Research change the world with technology while working in close collaboration with our GE colleagues and external partners.
We tackle the most challenging problems through multi-disciplinary teams where the convergence of Physical and Digital technology intersect leading to truly inventive outcomes. Together, we create and sustain differentiated solutions to maintain competitive advantages for our GE businesses and external customers.
The Research Engineer position may contribute to the design and validation of energy/thermal management systems; the design and development of thermal management components; Multiphysics computational modeling of components and systems; design and analysis of systems and systems-of-systems; and the design and development of additive manufactured thermal components.
The Thermal Management & Systems team develops innovative solutions to move, spread, and store thermal energy for GE products and our external customers.
In the Research Engineer role, you will:
· Apply your knowledge in energy/thermal management systems to develop innovative solutions to control thermal loads in complex systems such as aircraft engines, wind turbines, and medical devices.
· Collaborate with senior researchers in multidisciplinary teams to invent and mature the next generation of energy/thermal management technology.
· Utilize your experience in modeling, simulation, and/or experimentation to characterize and/or validate the novel energy/thermal management components and systems.
· Patent your inventions and develop a record of publication via conferences and peer reviewed journals.
· Doctorate degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or related discipline OR Master’s degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of industrial experience
· Fundamental knowledge of fluid mechanics and heat transfer applied to thermal management problems
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team
· Due to the nature of the duties of this position, this role requires the individual to obtain and maintain US Government Security Clearance; prerequisite for a security clearance is U.S. citizenship.
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
· Must be 18 years or older.
· You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
· In-depth knowledge of system modeling and/or systems-of-systems modeling
Experience developing thermal/energy management systems and/or component development
· Experience developing engineering models in languages such as EES, Matlab, Python, Fortran, etc
· Familiarity with the application of computational fluid mechanics tools such as Fluent, CFX, etc
· Familiarity with developing system models in Matlab Simulink
· Knowledge of model verification and validation, model calibration, and uncertainty quantification
At GE Global Research, we’re redefining what’s possible. From cutting-edge research in molecular pathology for use in personalized cancer diagnostics to programs in coal gasification and renewable power that drive clean energy solutions, our work at Global Research is world-renowned. As part of our team, you’ll find yourself among scientists and engineers from every discipline in a dynamic atmosphere where you’ll be constantly challenged to learn and grow. You’ll have access to leaders on all levels of the organization and collaborate across the globe with the very best in the field. If you have an insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to articulate your vision, then join us and watch the work you do create the next generation of products and processes that will impact the globe for generations to come.
At GE Global Research we redefine what's possible, finding answers to some of the world's toughest problems. Find out more athttp://www.ge.com/research orhttp://twitter.com/geresearchjobs , and connect with our technologists athttp://www.edisonsdesk.com andhttp://twitter.com/GEresearch
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).