GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
Work in a global and multi-disciplinary team, develop highly reliable control systems, provide direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives.
You will be responsible for:
• Design and development of software for BHGE BOP Control Systems to include integration with electrical & mechanical systems.
• Work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
• Participate in product development and production design for Surface and Subsea control systems
• Create design documents, test procedures, installation procedures, troubleshooting guides, etc.
• Hold engineering design reviews and execute risk assessments like FMEA
• Prepare and maintain software design files to include test, installation, and troubleshooting procedures as well as design documentation
• Execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, the analysis, design, test, or integration required to define and support assigned components, assemblies or systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements
• Create and/or processing of Bills of Material (BOM)
• Participate in team’s assignment to address specific organizational initiatives
• Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
• Adhere to Software Quality processes and procedures
• Able to travel on demand and be able to respond to emergency engineering effort outside regular office hours on as needed basis
• Bachelor's Degree or above in EE, Computer Science, or related
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in process control software development and a working knowledge of the complete software development lifecycle
• Knowledge of remote I/O protocols such as Modbus, Profibus, OPC, etc.
• Experience with PLC platforms like SIEMENS S7-400, SIEMENS s7-1500, TIA Portal, Wincc and Simatic.
• Familiarity of electrical component design.
• Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
• Good team player, ability to work across disciplines, organizations
• "Can do" attitude, embrace challenge with enthusiasm
• Quick learner, self-starter
• Solid oral and written communication skills
• Good written and oral English skills
• Knowledge of Oil and Gas applications and regulations like API 16D, DNV and ABS is preferred
• Knowledge of requirements tool like DOORS
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com