Healthcare Digital Technology
The Data Engineering team helps solve our customers' toughest challenges by leveraging data and analytics. The Senior Data Engineer will work with the team to create state-of-the-art data and analytics driven solutions, working across GE to drive business analytics to a new level of predictive analytics while leveraging big data tools and technologies.
In this role you will:
• Implement Data warehouse & Big/Small data designs with automated MDM and data quality capabilities.
• Integrate domain data knowledge into development of data requirements.
• Look across multiple systems, understands the purpose of each system and defines data requirements by systems.
• Identify downstream implications of data loads/migration (e.g., data quality, regulatory, etc).
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent (STEM) with minimum 5 years of experience as data engineer.
• Proficiency in working with data warehousing, senior experience in SQL
• Critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Uses teamwork skills to achieve goals, solve problems, and manage conflict.
• Outstanding time management skills and attention to detail
• Ability to support multiple initiatives simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
• Nice to have experience using Teradata and Informatica ecosystems
• Nice to have experience using Scripting (Pig, Python, Perl, etc)
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com