The role will act as regions’ data analyst for APAC and China, executing data, advanced analytics, and AI programs that enable accountability, transparency, and Op Profit walk. He/She will work with the regional team on multiple Data and Analytics Projects across APAC and CHINA regions as a trusted technical expert/consultant.He/She will need to understand market dynamic and clearly define solutions that address business problem statements and stakeholders' challenges.
• Lead & execute programs that enable Data-driven Decision, and solving business problems with collaborative analytics solutions that establish “truth” and eliminate redundancy.
• Collaborate and partner Data COEs and PS Analytics leaders, to execute regions priorities. Develop, execute, and maintain data and reporting needs that can drive close-loop information from ITO to OTR.
• Focus on enabling horizontal analytics, especially on delivering productivity (deflation, revenue growth, or cost out), business outcome (process efficiency, account management, fleet history, etc), and operating transparency with data and organization “truth”
• Ability to understand input/output and upstream/downstream of Power Gas/PS enterprise systems and functional processes, and translating business outcome with data, modeling, and AI
• Ability to manage and lead contractors offshore, to execute data needs for the regions. Ability to provide clear directions on business problems, sprint story-boarding, and roll out data delivery in sprint releases
• BS, BA, MS and/or MBA in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or information technology, with 5+ years of experience in the advanced analytics or AI field, 2+ years of experience in ETL, DataLake, SQL, and 1+ years of managing executive stakeholders and client management.
• Proven track record of managing stakeholders’ expectations in a matrix organizations.
• Strong communication skills and inclusiveness with functions and IT leadership in a matrix organization.
• Proven as a change agent – ability to drive large scale project and operational changes. And, Cultural awareness & sensitivity: ability to flex style to suit differing cultural norms
• Hands on experience working with Databases, Data Warehouses and Data Lake technologies; SQL proficiency is a must;
• Strong project management skills with track record of working on multiple projects in tight timelines is required
• Experience with advanced analytics techniques (e.g.. decision tree, logistic regression, hierarchical regression, neural network, random forest, etc.) is huge plus
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and deliver solid action oriented results quickly.
• Industrial industry knowledge a plus
• Ability to speak/write in Chinese a plus
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com