Healthcare Digital Technology
You will be responsible for programming, documenting, implementing and maintaining components, feature or feature set of an existing application portfolio.
You will drive code quality, application vitality and health (technology upgrades, vulnerabilities, performance, scalability, …).
You will work closely with application support engineers to provide support for escalated application issues.
You will provide technical leadership.
• Translate requirements into prioritized list of user stories
• Identify the scope of the work, provide estimates and delivery timelines
• Drive technical designs
• Be an expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing, code quality automation and design reviews
• Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices – design for scalability, availability and serviceability
• Be an expert in core data structures
• Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between components
• Drive automation of build, release & deployment processes
• Provide support for escalated application issues, including diagnosis and resolution of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity ensuring the root cause of the problem is addressed.
• Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
• Apply Agile software development approach to deliver features to meet product release goal
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent
• Strong professional experience in software development (web applications)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interface and influence with functional owners and engineers
• Strong sense of ownership
• Ability to learn and interpret complex systems and business processes
• Legal authorization to work in the EU is required.
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Krakow, Poland
• Software languages - Java, .NET, .ASP Classic
• Build & Deploy Automation – Github, Jenkins or other build tools
• Application servers - Apache Tomcat, IIS
• Relational Database – SQL Server and/or Oracle (ANSI SQL), Data modeling
• OS – Linux – Windows
• Monitoring tools – ex New relic
• Methodologies / Tool – Agile – Rally
• Web services – (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc…)
• Authentication – SAML / OIDC , B2B, LDAP
• Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com