GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Grid Solutions
Responsible for designing, developing and testing GE’s SCADA software to create energy management system products and services tailored to the needs of the Electric Utility customers. Responsibilities include: working with Electric Utility customers/operators to understand the functional specifications, design and deliver the software in the areas of communication protocols, SCADA applications, and pipeline management applications.
· Act as a Senior member in Software Center of Excellence, representing the face of high-quality design and development practices
· Work on design and development of Utility SCADA management software applications like communication protocols, SCADA applications, leak detection, batch tracking, work order transactions, and training simulators.
· Work on full stack of development, engineering and customization of software and configuration.
· Work with Project managers, project engineers to build product features that work seamlessly in any environment with less manual interventions.
· Work with Project team and Quality team to develop acceptance test procedures and test the requirements to ensure high quality deliverables.
· Work with customer support team to resolve software problem reported. Ensure high availability of SCADA Software delivered to different customers.
· Provides input to technical lead on schedules and cost estimates.
· Interfaces with customers on general and specific issues within area of functional expertise.
· Provides support for proposals and demonstrations to potential customers.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Power Systems or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) plus at least six (6) years development or project delivery experience in related field OR
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) plus at least four (4) years development or project delivery experience in related field
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
· Work experience in the Electric or Oil & Gas SCADA systems development and project executions.
· Excellent programming skills in C/C++, Java or other related language, as required. Knowledge on scripting languages like Perl, python and SQL. Good understanding of database operations.
· Excellent knowledge of assigned technical area and a strong understanding of the SCADA software.
· Experience with Electric or Oil & Gas utility industry practices
· Attitude to deliver on customer needs and commitments.
· Proven software design skills at the application and technical area level.
· Ability to see integration issues and to preclude schedule impacts.
· Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to write professional and technical reports and procedures. Ability to make formal and informal presentation to technical and non-technical staff and customers.
· Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
· Demonstrates a high degree of personal and professional integrity.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Ability to travel and work at customer site, based on the project demands.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).