Digital Platform & Industrial Applications
Predix Private Cloud is an offering of GE’s Predix cloud that is deployed on customer’s premise. You will be responsible for designing end-to-end test scenarios for the delivery of the product. This will involve integration testing, performance testing of components or features or a set of applicatioons. She/he will work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business.
In this role, you will:
· Strong ability to understand complex platform stack components
· Automate and manage the deployments of services like RabbitMQ, Redis etc. on Kubnernetes based deployments
· Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle
· Seek and provide feedback on design and development
· Proven ability to engage and perform deep level performance analysis and execution
· Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
· Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
· Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team
· Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
· Be able to automate performance engineering tasks in CI/CD pipelines and make it self-service for developers to test their features.
· Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
· Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). A minimum 6 years of professional experience.
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
· Must be willing to travel
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon
· Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
· Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.), using Apache Commons Suite & Maven, SQL Database such as Oracle MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
· Hands-on experience in utilizing Spring Framework (Core, MVC, Integration and Data)
· Experience with Big Data / Hadoop and NoSQL Database is a big plus
· Hands-on experience with web development using HTML5, Java Script, jQuery, CSS. Also, experience in implementing Java OSGi modules and using an OSGi container.
· Experience with Play framework, Angular is a big plus
· Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
· Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
· Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
· Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
· Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
· Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
· Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
· Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
· Able to work under minimal supervision
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
· Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
· Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.