Corporate Global Research
At Global Research, we change the world with technology while working in close collaboration with our GE colleagues and external partners.
We tackle the most challenging problems through multi-disciplinary teams where the convergence of Physical and Digital technology intersect leading to truly inventive outcomes. Together, we create and sustain differentiated solutions to maintain competitive advantages for our GE businesses and external customers
The Thermosciences Engineer position may contribute to the organization through execution of engineering analysis, design, test, and/or operations in direct support of the research community. You will be an integral member of the research team developing and supporting advanced aero-thermal technologies for GE businesses and external customers
The Thermosciences team develops innovative solutions for GE products and external customers through the novel application of aerodynamics, combustion science, heat transfer, and thermodynamic cycles and systems.
In the Thermosciences Engineer role, you will be expected to:
· Design, analyze, and/or test innovative aero-thermal technologies for aviation, healthcare, and industrial applications.
· Apply your knowledge of aerodynamics, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and mechanical design to prototype development.
· Collaborate with senior researchers to solve challenging aero-thermal problems.
· Identify, gather, and analyze quantitative data and qualitative information that assist the Thermosciences leadership with better management of the organization; including establishing healthy metrics, tracking performance to metrics, defining actionable dashboards, leading quarterly and annual planning.
· Work with project leaders to develop technical program plans, own tracking of progress to plan, and report progress internally and externally as required.
· Partner with Thermosciences’ project leaders, technology managers, and director to establish and exceed organizational goals.
· BS in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years of experience, or Masters with 1 year of experience.
· Fundamental knowledge of fluid mechanics, heat transfer, or mechanical design
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team
· Due to the nature of the duties of this position, this role requires the individual to obtain and maintain US Government Security Clearance; prerequisite for a security clearance is U.S. citizenship
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY
· Must be 18 years or older.
· You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered
· Experience with operations/program management in a complex engineering environment
· Experience with mechanical design and prototyping
· Experience with test facility design, build, and operation
· Experience with 3D CAD modeling such as NX, Solidworks, etc
· Knowledge of 3D computational fluid mechanics/structural mechanics tools such as Fluent, CFX, Ansys, etc…
· Knowledge of a scientific analysis language such as Matlab, Python, etc…
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).