Power Power Conversion
The Controllership Accountant is responsible for providing key controllership guidance to the finance and operational teams in the United Kingdom. This includes the elaboration of its policies and procedures, and the overall improvement of financial processes. This position will report to the PCUK Controller and will work closely with the PC Global Controller and PCUK CFO.
The Controllership Accountant demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for Power Conversion UK. In this role you will use your experience and expertise to solve problems and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
· Transition and manage the monthly and quarterly closes processes with GOF (Global Operations Finance) for UK entities.
· Work closely with HQ Controllership and local Finance and Operational teams to manage close requirements.
· Ensure the quality of accounts reconciliations and Balance Sheet analysis, to ensure the compliance and the integrity of the accounts.
· Provide guidance and support to the Controllership team in GOF to maintain an effective financial system and provide information necessary to perform controllership responsibilities.
· Establish standard operating procedures related to processes impacting the financial statements.
· Assist the accounting team with technical issues; review and apply GE corporate requirements and US GAAP in complex areas such as revenue recognition.
· Liaise with group appointed Auditors in the UK and Abroad.
· Review processes to improve overall efficiency.
· Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, review and recommend changes.
· A recognised accounting qualification, ACA, CIMA, ACCA
· Proven years of experience in auditing, accounting and financial reporting.
· Demonstrated proficiency of US GAAP and UK IFRS accounting and tax requirements.
· Excellent communication skills: experienced in working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions.
· Strong analytical skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, identify risk and drive positive change.
· SAP proficiency is preferred.
· Strong Excel skills.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks.
· Sound understanding of global process and transactional flows.
· Construction Contract/Manufacturing experience / knowledge.
· Adaptable/Flexible: being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Ability to work independently.
· Strong problem solving skills.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com